Born in Loreto in
1976. He begins piano lessons with the maestra
Matassini, then he continues as an autodidact. At twelve he starts making
his first experiments in electronic music and computer music, which will lead him
to form several ensemble of modern music (i.e. DrinkwaterBand) with such
points of reference as Stockhausen, Cage and Zappa. He then studies composition
with the maestro Rusticucci, with whom he is still collaborating in the field
of musical education and pedagogy; besides, he studies flute with the maestri
Andreani (early music), Jousdottic and Adami (classical)
(Jazz). After getting the classic school-leaving certificate, he attends the DAMS
(Department of Music and Performing Arts) in Bologna, and directs his studies towards
musical education and anthropology.
Among his personal researches there are studies in the so-called "descriptive"
music of composers such as Carl Stalling and Scott Bradley, studies
in medieval music, jazz and music for films.
- Laboratory of musical informatics and new technologies at the studios of Electronic
Music of the Conservatory of Bologna (maestro Camilleri) and the recording
- Advanced seminar on problems and aspects of the twentieth-century music coordinated
by Raffaele Pozzi.
- Seminar meeting with Goran Bregovic "Balkan Melodies between cinema and
- Laboratory of electroacoustic composition with Tristain Murail and Salvatore
- Summer courses of the Berklee College of Music of Boston held in Perugia during
Umbria Jazz: he studies flute with Matt Marvuglio, improvisation with
Mark White, composition with Orville Wright and Greg Hopkins and
takes part in the seminars of Wynton Marsalis, James Moody and
- He wins a scholarship of $5000 awarded by the Berklee College of Music (Boston)
to the most praiseworthy students at the clinics held in Perugia (Umbria Jazz
2001), when he studies with Matt Marvuglio,
Dave Clark, Jim Oldridge, Mark White and Jeff Stout.
- He studied Jazz arrangements and compositions with the composer/guitarist Augusto
Mancinelli. He's now studying Jazz and arrangement at Pesaro's Conservatory
under the guide of m° Bruno Tommaso.
Most recent works:
- his passion for musicals leads him to become the musical director of a theatrical
company and to establish a collaboration with some of the most important exponents
of the italian musical comedy.
- Musical direction of the show "Beyond The Rainbow"
- Musical direction of the show "Forza Venite Gente"
- Musical direction of the show "Beauty and the Beast".From
1998 he works at the Musical Liceo "Toscanini"
of the 'International Music Institute', teaching flute, piano, musical theory and
solfeggio; besides, he teaches musical education at the nursery and elementary school.
From 2000 he collaborate with Carlo
Gargioni as an author and arranger, also composing jingles for Mediaset and
Rai and broadcating music for movies and tv.
2002 become a member of the DAMS Jazz Orchestra conducted by
members are, among others, Antonio Marangolo,
Pasquale Morgante. He played with Hiram Bullock,
Tino Tracanna, Andrea Mingardi,
Massimo Tagliata, Lucio Dalla, Jeff Berlin.
Contacts and Information:
This page has 1.262 hits
Last Modified Date: 26/07/2006